If you live in Las Vegas, you probably know the city traffic is crazy. Accidents are common and often happen due to negligence and reckless driving. Nevada’s fault-based system allows you to recover a settlement from the driver who caused the accident, but the process is anything but straightforward. Here are five advantages of hiring an attorney after acar wreck.
- You don’t need to stress over damages: The biggest question after an accident is related to the worth of the claim. Besides direct tangible losses, such as wage loss, medical bills, and vehicle repairs, you could recover non-economic damages, too. Hiring an attorney eliminates the guesswork. You can trust a lawyer specializing in personal injury laws to guide you on the expected settlement.
- You don’t have to negotiate: The typical practice is to file a claim with the at-fault driver’s insurance company, for which you must complete due paperwork and negotiate compensation. Insurance claims adjusters are aggressive and often do their best to deny, delay, or undermine claims. With an attorney working on the case, you don’t have to worry about settling for a lower amount.
- You don’t have to look for contacts: It can take significant work to determine and prove liability. More often than not, it is necessary to hire accident reconstruction experts to investigate a crash, and if you have an attorney, they already have the local connections and contacts you need.
- You don’t have to bother about deadlines: There is a two-year limit for filing car accident lawsuits in Nevada, although there are exceptions. Once the attorney is in charge of the case, you can forget about these aspects. The lawyer will ensure all due work is done on time and there is room to consider litigation.
- You don’t have to focus on the trial: Although most claims concerning car and vehicle accidents are resolved outside of court, there is always a chance that one case ends up in court. If that happens, your attorney will represent you and ensure the evidence is presented convincingly. They will also do the relevant paperwork and legal formalities.
Remember the standard contingency fee arrangement if you are concerned about whether you can afford an attorney. All injury lawyers in New York work without an upfront fee. The lawyer, instead, will get a share of your settlement, which means they only can recover a payment when you win. Seek legal advice now!