It is better to trust a specialized moving company that is capable of preserving objects from possible accidents. But how do choose the right company? What needs to be evaluated? What are the prices? Here are some useful tips. If you are overwhelmed by boxes and things to pack and don’t know where to start, how do you choose the company that will handle the move? What factors should be considered before choosing one moving company over another?
Here are some questions that will be answered in the next article.
How to choose the right company
Contrary to what you might think, choosing the right moving company is important, to ensure that everything runs smoothly and safely. The most likely thing that can happen, choosing non-professional companies, is not only to lose objects but also to suffer damage to belongings. Before choosing the company that will handle the move, it is advisable to contact several moving companies and evaluate the best offer, not only in terms of price but also in terms of services they offer.
1. Request an inspection
If it is a professional company, they will surely do an inspection before giving an estimate . This aspect is fundamental because it will help the company’s personnel to understand what needs to be transported and to evaluate all the aspects that may affect the transfer. For example, it will help to know if you have to cross stairs, corridors, if there is enough space for loading and unloading goods.
Another factor that will also influence the price of the move is the distance that must be traveled to carry it out. Obviously, the cost will be different if the movie takes place in the same city, or in cities or regions different from the current one. Based on the inspection, the company will be able to make a more detailed and precise budget, so as not to have unpleasant surprises at the end of the movie.
2. Essential requirements of a moving company
If you want to be sure that the Long distance moving companies are professional, there are some requirements that you must meet.
- Registration in the Road Transport Registry. As a requirement demanded by law for all companies that transport goods by road. If this requirement is missing, it is better to distrust. In addition to being an indication of a lack of professionalism, it must be taken into account that, in the event of a control, the vehicle transporting the merchandise may be confiscated and, consequently, the cargo as well.
- Insurance coverage. This is another fundamental requirement because it protects in case of accidents or any unforeseen event that may occur during the transport of goods from one place to another. When choosing a moving company, make sure you have adequate insurance coverage to avoid taking unnecessary risks.
- Specialized staff. A professional moving company must have specialized personnel who will know how to handle the belongings, to avoid causing damage to the goods.
These requirements are essential for a professional company and for the boxes with all the belongings to reach their destination without problems.
3. Moving expenses
These are some of the factors that affect the price of moving.
- The distance. As it is easy to guess, the most obvious factor that affects the cost of a move is distance. A move in the same city or in the same region will surely have different costs than if the transport is carried out between different regions. Or the price is even different if it is a national or international move. Distance has a significant influence. In general, companies divide the costs by kilometer bands.
- The number of belongings. The type and quantity of goods to be transported for the move are undoubtedly factors that influence the cost of the operation.
- Volume. Normally, in the estimation phase, a volume is calculated based on the environment and the type of furniture to be transported. If, for example, it is a question of moving the kitchen furniture, the technician will not measure the kitchen centimeter by centimeter but will refer to a reference index.
High season. It may seem strange, but even for long distance movers there is a low season and a high season. Moving in summer will be more expensive than moving in winter. Even moving in the first and last week of the month will be more expensive than moving in the middle weeks. This is because people often wait until the summer to move and therefore moving companies have more work during this period. Or, similarly, people tend to move at the beginning or end of the month. If you have to make a move, it is better to resort to a specialized moving company, which offers all the guarantees to carry out the move with all the guarantees.