Before we understand what a MEAN stack developer does, let’s get into the detail about what exactly MEAN stack development is, who is a MEAN stack developer and how one can become one!
What is MEAN stack Development?
MEAN is quite user-friendly offering adequate solutions for designing dynamic web applications and websites. This free-of-cost, open-source stack allows a fast and organized way of developing rapid prototypes for web applications.
MEAN is an amalgamation of the following technologies:
- MEAN is comprised of four different technologies:
- MongoDB express is a schemaless NoSQL database system
- Express JS is a framework used to build web applications in Node
Who’s a MEAN stack Developer
What does a MEAN stack developer do?
A MEAN stack developer has to perform the following roles and responsibilities:
- Build interactive consumer data with the help of multiple systems and using REST to abstract the data to the user interface via Node.js backend.
- Decide on the methodologies for defining code architecture decisions for supporting a high-quality and scalable product with minimal level of footprint.
- Take care of various technical issues and get them resolved as fast as possible.
- Get in touch with engineers, researchers, and data implementation specialists for designing and creating advanced and efficient systems.
Qualifications and Skills Required to Become a MEAN Stack Developer
There are certain prerequisites for becoming a MEAN Stack Developer. To become a skilled MEAN stack developer, you will need to acquire the qualifications and skills as discussed below:
- A relevant Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- Profound knowledge of NodeJS, ExpressJS or Restify.
- Good experience in implementation of applications utilizing Angular 1 or React.
- Knowledge of developing front end applications utilizing HTML5, Angular, LESS/SASS
- Experience of working with the latest frameworks and design patterns with at least 1-year experience with MEAN Fullstack paradigm.
- And, in-depth knowledge of the following:
- Consumer Web Development for high-traffic, public facing web-based applications
- Cloud-based technologies
- CI (Jenkins/Hudson) and version control (SVN, Git)
Salary of a MEAN Stack Developer in India
On average, a MEAN stack developer in India earns around 4.5 lakhs in a year. Let’s get into details of the salary of a MEAN stack developer in India based on the years of work experience:
- At an entry level, a MEAN stack developer earns at least 3 lakhs in a year.
- At mid level, with 2 to 3 years of work experience, a MEAN stack developer earns between 4 lakhs and 6 lakhs in a year.
- At an advanced level, with more than 5 years of work experience, a MEAN stack developer earns between 7 lakhs and 10 lakhs in a year.
We hope by the end of this article you’re able to understand what exactly a MEAN stack developer does, how to become one, and have a lucrative career within a few years of experience.